This is the Month of Vesak … let us all reflect on Lord Buddha’s Teachings more than ever,, and put it all in to practice….
- 6.15 pm: Arrival of Invited Guests
- 6.30 pm: Welcome Address by President, SLSBS
- 6.35 pm: Lighting of the Traditional Oil lamp and Opening of the Vesak Thorana
- 6.40 pm: Anushasana by Ven. Sobhitha Thero (Chief Incumbent, Perth Sri Lanka Buddhist Vihara)
- 6.45 pm: Anushasana by Ven. Ajahn Brahmawanso (Abbot, Bodhinyana Forest Monastery, Serpentine)
- 6.50 pm: Address by Premier of Western Australia
- 6.55 pm: Address by Leader of the Opposition, Western Australia
- 7.00 pm: Address by Deputy Leader of Opposition, Australia
- 7.05 pm: Address by Mayor of Gosnells
- 7.10 pm: Refreshments for Guests
- 7.30 pm: Dan Sela by the Dhamma School Parents
- 8.30 – 9.15 am: Observing Ata Sil, Buddha Puja, Anushasana
- 9.15 – 9.45 am: Gilanpasa to Sil Observers and Rest period
- 9.45 – 10.30 am: Meditation
- 10.45 – 11.00 am: Buddha Puja
- 11.00 – 12.15 pm: Dana to the Ven. Monks & Sil Observers
- 12.15 – 1.00 pm: Rest Period
- 1.00 – 2.00 pm: Chanting Pirith, Meditation & Dhamma Discussion
- 2.00 – 3.00 pm: Dhamma Deshana
- 3.00 – 3.30 pm: Gilanpasa to Sil Observers& Rest period
- 3.30 – 4.30 pm: Dhamma Deshana
- 5.00 – 6.00 pm: Atavisi Buddha Puja
- 6.00- 6.45 pm: Dhamma Deshana
- 6.45 – 7.30 pm: Bhakthi Geetha
- 7.30 pm: Dan Sela
CAR PARKING FACILITIES:
- The main entrance will be closed after 5.30 pm on Saturday, 25th May.
- The entrance to the Temple afterwards will be through the rear entrance off Postling Street.
- PLEASE DO NOT park on the Council verge or Neighbors’ verges.
- Please car pool as much as possible.