The Sri Lankan Sinhalese Buddhist Society (SLSBS) was first formed in 1998, and was formally incorporated as a Registered Society on 11 January 1999.
SLSBS, is the only Sri Lankan Buddhist society in WA, and we are adherents of the Theravada Buddhist tradition as practised in Sri Lanka. Established primarily to serve the Sri Lankan Buddhist Community of WA, our current services extend to activities which contribute to the social wellbeing of the wider community. We also support humanitarian crises in Sri Lanka, Australia and other countries.
Anyone is welcome to visit and participate.
If you wish to pay membership or any other payment via Direct Debit facility, kindly complete attached form and email to slsbs.treasurer
If you like to hire and book Temple Building, please download below Policy and Application documents, complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The resident monks make themselves available to offer bodhi pujas, pansakula ceremonies, and hospital visits.
Please contact Venerable Sobhitha Thero.
Committee of SLSBS for the year 2019/2020
- Anushasaka Ven. SobithaThero
- President Dayanath Mallawa email: email@example.com
- Secretary Champa Kulasekera email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer Kusala Liyanage email: email@example.com
- Vice President (General) Gunadasa Perera
- Vice President (Education) Senaka Welideniya
- Janaka Perera
- Prasanna Piyasena
- Upul Dodangoda
- Gemunu Widanagamage
- Nimal Weerasinghe Editor : email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Percy Yasaratne
- Ravindra Wickramage
- Jayanthi Gamage
- Janaki Gunawardhana
- Ex-Officio Immd. Past President – Donlad Chandrarathna
- Auditor Soma Meegahage