The Sri Lankan Sinhalese Buddhist Society (SLSBS) was first formed in 1998, and was formally incorporated as a Registered Society on 11 January 1999.
SLSBS, is the only Sri Lankan Buddhist society in WA, and we are adherents of the Theravada Buddhist tradition as practised in Sri Lanka. Established primarily to serve the Sri Lankan Buddhist Community of WA, our current services extend to activities which contribute to the social wellbeing of the wider community. We also support humanitarian crises in Sri Lanka, Australia and other countries.
Anyone is welcome to visit and participate.
The resident monks make themselves available to offer bodhi pujas, pansakula ceremonies, and hospital visits.
Please contact Venerable Sobhitha.
Committee of SLSBS for the year 2017/2018
- Anushasaka : Ven. Sobitha Thero
- President : Lal Jayaweera email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary : Chandi Hettiarchchi email: email@example.com
- Treasurer : Chandana Weerasekara email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor : Gunadasa Perera email: email@example.com
- Vice President : Pathminda Biyagama
- Vice President (Education) : Ranjan Sarukkalige
- Sisira Ilangasinghe
- Senaka Welideniya
- Kapila Karunaratne
- Thusitha Kannangara
- Percy Yasaratne
- Chamani Marasinghe
- Champa Kulasekara
- Pradeep Kellapotha
- Wasantha Wijewardena
- Nalin Seneviratne
- Ex Officio (Immd. Past President) : Gunadasa Perera
- Auditor : Soma Meegahage