Medin Full Poya Day is historical to all Buddhists as 4 very significant events happened on this day. It coincided also with the seventh year of Sakyamuni Siddhartha Gauthama Buddha’s attainment of the Enlightenment. On this day in response to the persuasion of Arahat Kaludai, Lord Buddha set out from Rajagahanuwara to Kapilavasthupura with 20,000 Bhikkhus which led to these four most significant evernts:
1. Attainment of Sothapanna by his father King Suddhodana and step mother Prajaphathie Gothami.
2. Princess Yasodara embracing Buddha, Dhamma and Sanga.
3. The ordination of his son Rahula
4. Assisting Prince Nanda to overcome his emotional attachment to his beautiful bride Janapadakalyani and ordaining him into Sangha by showing him visions of heavenly maidens and seared dead body of a female monkey.
Atasil and Meditation Program for Medin Poya day on Saturday, 3rd March At Sri Lankan Buddhist Vihara at Kenwick From 7:30am to 5:00pm
- Morning Dana followed by Ata Sil and Dhamma talk by visiting or resident monks.
- Guided Meditation sessions.
- Buddha Puja and Dana.
- Meditation sessions.
- Dhamma talk by visiting or resident monks.
- Gilanpasa (Evening Tea) followed by the Dhamma talk by visiting or resident monks.
- Buddha Puja & Pansil to end the program
*** ALL ARE WELCOME ***