Please pay your attention to the Dhamma School commencement information below. Dhamma school will commence in three stages as follows;
- Stage 1 – Registration from 07/02/2021.
- No classes will be held on this day through zoom or face to face;
- All parents who wish to enrol their children should register the children using the below link. One family requires to fill only one application with all the children included; If you have already done the registration for this year, please disregard.
- Please note All students MUST be minimum 5 years old, see parents info sheet (Dhamma School Information for Parents)
- Stage 2 – On 14/02/2021 – Class commence through Zoom for L1 to L7 except for the new students to L1. Class time is 3:45 pm to 5:15 pm;
- Stage 3 – On 28/02/2021 – Start Face to Face classes in Temple premises (subject to government and SLSBS restriction). Class time is 3:45 pm to 5:15 pm.;
Please ensure your child(ren) is(are) enrolled prior to attending to Dhamma School. Zoom links will be sent to all parents whose children are registered.For any difficulties filling the enrolment form, please email email@example.com.
Below is the year planer – Term 1 (**Subject to change based on government restrictions)
- 07/02/2021 – Online enrolment
- 14/02/2021 – Zoom class commencement
- 28/02/2021 – Face to face classes commence
- 7/03/2021 – Sathi Paslala
- 21/03/2021 – Sil Program and end of term 1
Due to the current COVID 19 situation in WA, the SLSBS Committee, with the advice of Maha Sanaga, has made a decision to postpone the commencement of Dhamma School at the temple premises, till Sunday, 28th February 2021. However, Dhamma School will commence for the first time in 2021, on coming Sunday (7th February 2021) as planned. The lessons will be conducted via Zoom meeting, starting from 3.45 pm, on Sunday 7th February 2021. The Zoom meeting link will be circulated via Dhamma School email for the registered students.
Meantime, we kindly request all the new students to submit registration forms (though the link provided in below email) in order to get the Zoom link via Dhamma School email communications.
We hope you all understand the reasons behind this decision and your patience is very much appreciated at these difficult times.
Welcome back to those who were away on holiday and a Happy 2021 to all!
Dhamma School starts the new academic year on Sunday, 07th February 2021.
A few reminders of DS Rules and Policies as we begin the year:
1. All new students must fill hard copies and hand over to DSPTC.
New Students Registration form
Note: Children should be at least 5 years old to be enrolled. If your child has not reached this age requirement, we kindly request you to wait until your child turns five and join the next intake. Older children will be assessed and assigned a class accordingly.
2. Here is the link to Dhamma School parent information sheet:
Dhamma School Information for Parents
3. SLSBS payment counter (EFT/cash) will be available on the first day of Dhamma School for parents/guardians who would like to update their SLSBS membership.
A form for SLSBS membership can be obtained by clicking here. Please follow the instructions as per the form. Please share the above information with your friends.
4. On the first day (07th Feb), all children should go to the last classroom that they were in, as per the 2020 setup. After Buddha Pooja, the teachers will guide the children to their new classroom.
5. Dhamma School starts at 3.30 pm and finishes at 5.15 pm. Regular, punctual attendance is expected. Teachers should be informed of absence by email. Your child’s class teacher will be in touch once Dhamma School resumes.
6. All children must observe the Dress Code: White Lamasari /National or DS t-shirts with long pants or skirts [white]. Younger girls must wear white tights under the lamasari.
Lamasari / National must be worn on all formal occasions.
T-shirts of all sizes are available for sale from Dhamma School Treasurer.
Textbooks (Gatha Potha / Activity Books) and t-shirts are available at the Dhamma School information Desk.