There are four significant events associated with Buddhism on Navam Full moon Poya.
- Buddha appointed his two Chief Disciples Sariputta and Moggallana on a Navam Poya.
- The first Sangha Sammelanaya, the first congregation of the Sangha of more than 1000 monks was held on a Navam Poya.
- The third was a discourse by the Buddha, the Ovadapratimokshaya Desanawa – advice and rules of discipline for monks for moral conduct and if they broke the rules the consequences they would have to face, were explained by Gautama Buddha.
- The fourth was the Ayusanskaraya – Buddha decided on his parinibbhana which he said would be after three months.
නවම් පුර පසලොස්වක පොහොය පෙබරවාරි 16 ට යෙදී ඇත. ලොව්තුරා සම්මා සම්බුදු රජාණන් වහන්සේ සියලු භික්ෂූ සේනාව රජගහ නුවර වේළුවනාරාමයට එක්රැස් කර පළමු වරට සංඝ සම්මේලනයක් පවත්වන ලද්දේ නවම් පොහොය දිනයක දී ය.
තවද බුදුරජාණන් වහන්සේ රජගහ නුවර වේලුවනාරාමයේ දී සැරියුත් මුගලන් දෙනමට අග්රශ්රාවක තනතුරු පිරිනැමීම, තථාගතයන් වහන්සේ විසින් මහා සංඝයාට ඕවාද ප්රාතිමෝක්ෂය දේශනා කිරීම, බුදුන් වහන්සේ පිරිනිවනට මාස තුනකට ප්රථම ආයු සංස්කාරය අත්හැරීම ආදී ශාසන ඉතිහාසයේ වැදගත් කරුණු කිහිපයක් නිසා නවම්පුර පසළොස්වක පොහොය වැදගත් වේ.
Future events/programs at our temple:
- Saturday, 05th March 2022 Meditation and Dhamma Deshana Program (via Zoom Link) from 8:00am to 5:30pm
- Saturday 19th March 2022 Medin Poya Sil Program from 7:00am to 5:00pm
SLSBS committee kindly requests you to adhere with the below COVID-19 related guidelines as the Committee is unable to bear the responsibility of any spreading of the virus through gatherings at the Temple.
All visitors to our Temple must sign-in using the paper registers, or scan the QR codes (posted in public areas) with the SafeWA COVID tracing app for smartphones. This is due to the WA government’s requirements for contact tracing at public venues, including places of worship. For government guidelines (for any COVID outbreaks) please see the WA Government website.
All visitors are kindly requested to follow below guidelines to stay safe and protect the Temple being a hotspot or listed under exposure sites.
- Wear a mask within the Temple premises whenever announced by WA Government or for Safety of Everyone.
- Keep and maintain social distance.
- Ensure you are vaccinated against COVID-19, and get your third dose if you are eligible. Please keep ready proof of vaccination to show.
- Do not enter the hall or any of the area, if you cannot keep social distance.
- Limit food handling and food sharing.
- Do not shake hands.
- Keep checking WA government COVID-19 website for latest updates and advice.
- Keep checking the list of exposure sites and follow the testing and isolation advice of WA Government if you have visited an exposure site.
- Get tested for COVID-19 or follow Government instructions, if you begin to feel unwell or develop symptoms.
Please do not visit the Temple:
- If you are not vaccinated for COVID-19.
- If you have been informed that you are a close or casual contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- If you have visited an exposure site during the times listed in WA Government website (list of exposure sites).
- If you or a family member begin to feel unwell or develop symptoms.
- If you have returned from the Other States or Overseas in the last 14 days
- If you have symptoms, including: fever, recent history of fever, symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, loss of smell or taste)
Kindly be informed of the following too:
- If the Temple is classed as an exposure site, we may have to produce Temple CCTV recordings for further investigations upon request.
- The Temple will be closed from 9 pm to 6 am daily.
Thank you for your understanding and support to prevent the spreading of the virus through the Temple premises.