|Due to the recent surge in WA of the highly transmissible Covid-19 omicron variant, please follow the Public Health measures at our Temple to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19.
Physical distance: Maintain a physical distance of 1.5m and 2 square meter (indoors) away from others.
Capacity limits: Indoor capacity limits apply, according to the 2 square metre, please adhere to below capacity limits.
Budumedura – 25
Dana hall – 50
Rooms – 2
Kitchen – 2
Cushions area – 1
Library books only for borrowing.
The current COVID-19 outbreak has taught a lasting lesson to all of us about the impermanence of life. As per the Lord Buddha’s teaching in Maha Sathi Patthana Sutta, ‘Ekayano Ayan Bhikkave Maggo..’, the only way to get rid of suffering is by practising the four folds of mindfulness.
This is in addition to the ongoing Monthly Sil program on Full Moon Poya Day.
We and Retreats WA invite Venerable Theroes who are well-known meditation masters in Sri Lanka and in other countries to join online to guide us and conduct the sessions throughout the day.
The Month of April meditation programs has been scheduled on:
Saturday, 2nd April from 8.00 am to 5.30 pm
No previous meditation experience is required to attend the program.
Experienced Venerable Theroes will guide you during the program.
If you already practise meditation or not and need advice from an experienced Thero or if you have any questions related to Dhamma Deshana, kindly send your questions to the email address below or send via ZOOM to share with the respective Thero. During the last session, we have received very useful questions which had been answered.
For previous Programs recordings, please click the below link or visit the Temple Website (http://srilankanvihara.org.au/).
Kindly share this information with your friends.
Topic: Meditation Day at Perth Sri Lankan Vihara at Kenwick
Time: 2nd April, 2022 08:00 AM Perth
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 868 7570 4646
Future events/programs at our temple:
- Saturday 16th April 2022 Bak Poya Sil Program from 7:30am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, 28th May 2022 Meditation and Dhamma Deshana Program (via Zoom Link) from 8:00am to 5:30pm
Please note:SLSBS committee kindly requests you to adhere with the below COVID-19 related guidelines as the Committee is unable to bear the responsibility of any spreading of the virus through gatherings at the Temple.
All visitors to our Temple must sign-in using the paper registers, or scan the QR codes (posted in public areas) with the SafeWA COVID tracing app for smartphones. This is due to the WA government’s requirements for contact tracing at public venues, including places of worship. For government guidelines (for any COVID outbreaks) please see the WA Government website.
All visitors are kindly requested to follow below guidelines to stay safe and protect the Temple being a hotspot or listed under exposure sites.
- Wear a mask within the Temple premises whenever announced by WA Government or for Safety of Everyone.
- Keep and maintain 2 sqm social distance.
- Ensure you are vaccinated against COVID-19, and get your third dose if you are eligible. Please keep ready proof of vaccination to show.
- Do not enter the hall or any of the area, if you cannot keep social distance.
- Limit food handling and food sharing.
- Do not shake hands.
- Keep checking WA government COVID-19 website for latest updates and advice.
- Keep checking the list of exposure sites and follow the testing and isolation advice of WA Government if you have visited an exposure site.
- Get tested for COVID-19 or follow Government instructions, if you begin to feel unwell or develop symptoms.
Please do not visit the Temple:
- If you are not vaccinated for COVID-19.
- If you have been informed that you are a close or casual contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- If you have visited an exposure site during the times listed in WA Government website (list of exposure sites).
- If you or a family member begin to feel unwell or develop symptoms.
- If you have returned from the Other States or Overseas in the last 14 days
- If you have symptoms, including: fever, recent history of fever, symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, loss of smell or taste)
Kindly be informed of the following too:
- If the Temple is classed as an exposure site, we may have to produce Temple CCTV recordings for further investigations upon request.
- The Temple will be closed from 9 pm to 6 am daily.
Thank you for your understanding and support to prevent the spreading of the virus through the Temple premises.