There are four significant events associated with Buddhism on Navam Poya.
- Buddha appointed his two Chief Disciples Sariputta and Moggallana on a Navam Poya.
- The first Sangha Sammelanaya, the first congregation of the Sangha of more than 1000 monks was held on a Navam Poya.
- The third was a discourse by the Buddha, the Ovadapratimokshaya Desanawa – advice and rules of discipline for monks for moral conduct and if they broke the rules the consequences they would have to face, were explained by Gautama Buddha.
- The fourth was the Ayusanskaraya – Buddha decided on his parinibbhana which he said would be after three months.
Atasil and Meditation Program for Navam Poya day on Saturday, 3rd February at our Temple from 7:30am to 5:00pm
- Morning Dana followed by Ata Sil and Dhamma talk by visiting or resident monks.
- Guided Meditation session.
- Buddha Puja and Dana.
- Dhamma talk by visiting or resident monks.
- Evening Tea followed by the Dhamma talk by visiting or resident monks.
- Buddha Puja & Pansil to end the program
*** ALL ARE WELCOME ***